Parting Ways with Our Beneteau 311

Erik

Apr 28, 2016, 7:59:01 AM4/28/16
to Beneteau Owners
Hi all,

We've been sailing Albion, our Beneteau 311, around southern New England for nearly 10 years now.  She has given us many memories, amazing sails, and a handful of "exciting" moments.  She carried us on our first journeys to Block Island, Nantucket, Cuttyhunk, and several other amazing locations.  My children grew up on her, and she provided spectacular summer vacation cruises every year.

I've been lurking quietly on this list for the last several years, occasionally asking a question - sometimes offering advice with the limited experience I have.  The knowledge and advice this list provides is second to none.  You have helped me understand the nuances of annual boat maintenance, pre & post season tasks, and fixing the inevitable issues that arise.  I'm quite certain that without the list I'd have spent quite a bit of money hiring professionals to do the things that you all gave me the confidence to tackle on my own.

As our children have grown, so have their schedules.  We no longer have free weekends to explore secluded anchorages, and our summer vacations have been replaced with sports tournaments.  The time we have spent with Albion has diminished to the point where it is unlikely we'll even launch her this year.  I (begrudgingly) listed her for sale about a year ago, but quietly hoped that no one would be interested and we could keep on cruising (please don't tell the admiral that).  Unfortunately it's time to get serious about selling her.

I know that this list isn't meant to be a marketplace, but I wanted to post her listing here with the hope that someone can help find her a good home.  She's listed with a broker, but I am more than happy to answer any questions folks might have.  Here is her listing:

This certainly isn't the end of cruising for us, there is a master plan in the works to acquire a new boat after the kids have gone off on their own.

Cheers,
Erik

Steve Mitchell

Apr 29, 2016, 11:34:27 AM4/29/16
to Beneteau Owners
Good luck on your future endeavors!  I am the owner of a 311 purchased last year and absolutely love her.  Looking forward to making as many memories as you had on yours!

Steve Mitchell
SailBits