Frozen water deck fill

drdanj

Dec 1, 2017, 12:08:41 PM12/1/17
to Beneteau Owners
Anyone have advice for breaking open a completely frozen Amiot water deck fill? I've spent several days spraying dry lube around the opening, whacking it with a hammer, so far, it hasn't budged. I getting to where buying a new deck fill may be the answer, but then I'd have to figure out how to unscrew the unit and lift it enough to unhook it from the filler tube.

Mark J Wilme

Dec 1, 2017, 12:21:42 PM12/1/17
to beneteau-owners
Our corroded shut too, I ended up cutting them out with a dremel and replacing with SS replacements

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

bumatsea

Dec 1, 2017, 12:23:52 PM12/1/17
to Beneteau Owners
good luck to you. I tried to freeze it, heat it, lubricate it with number of products. Even devised a 3' steel bar with two SS bolts embedded in the cap. my advise is to unscrew the whole thing from the deck and replace with SS fitting. (that's what i end up doing after weeks of trying and wasting money .

Mohammad Bayegan

Randy Brown

Dec 1, 2017, 1:02:13 PM12/1/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Spent an entire summer trying every possible solution. Save your time and sanity and buy a new deck fitting and replace the entire thing

Sent from my iPhone

Randy Brown

Dec 1, 2017, 1:04:33 PM12/1/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Easy to replace too. Remove the deck screws, remove sealant and it will pull up through the deck enough to replace at the hose. Rebed with butyl. Done

Sent from my iPhone

drdanj

Dec 1, 2017, 1:25:20 PM12/1/17
to Beneteau Owners
I figured I'd wind up replacing the thing. Now I'm looking for a replacement that has an inside flange (hose on the outside) and can't find one. All replacements are outside flanges with hoses to go inside. That seems like not such a great idea.

Mohammad Bayegan

Dec 1, 2017, 1:31:48 PM12/1/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Buy one from Benetaue US.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Le Roy Van Valkenburg

Dec 1, 2017, 1:47:47 PM12/1/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I used an extension arm on the wrench and just kept, at First hiring arm with a rubber mallet than just applied body pressure against arm and it broke loose.  Now on unscrew each once a week.

Lee Van Valkenburg
NEW CELL

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

drdanj

Dec 1, 2017, 1:55:25 PM12/1/17
to Beneteau Owners
I found it! They now have stainless steel replacing aluminum. That's worth the price.

Jeff Taylor

Dec 1, 2017, 2:27:34 PM12/1/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Their parts are a total piece of crap and for the aggravation it’s gonna cost to you it would be faster just to completely replace it

Sent from my iPhone.
Jeff Taylor

On Dec 1, 2017, at 12:08 PM, drdanj <drdan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone have advice for breaking open a completely frozen Amiot water deck fill? I've spent several days spraying dry lube around the opening, whacking it with a hammer, so far, it hasn't budged. I getting to where buying a new deck fill may be the answer, but then I'd have to figure out how to unscrew the unit and lift it enough to unhook it from the filler tube.

dragon...@aol.com

Dec 1, 2017, 10:58:34 PM12/1/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Preventive maintenance is to use Vaseline on threads every fill up.  Been using it for decades and no freezures(Sp?).

RICHARD DAMICO