O400 water tanks

drdanj

Jun 13, 2018, 6:46:19 PM6/13/18
to Beneteau Owners
The water tanks on my new to me O400 are empty. I've taken some photos of the insides, and they may have some corroded holes, I can't tell for sure. It looks like they have screw down lids. Before I unscrew 50 screws, small I right that I could do that and then lift off these lids and likely repair any interior damage?

DAVID FLETCHER

Jun 13, 2018, 8:51:18 PM6/13/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Are they leaking

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 6:46 PM, drdanj <drdan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The water tanks on my new to me O400 are empty. I've taken some photos of the insides, and they may have some corroded holes, I can't tell for sure. It looks like they have screw down lids. Before I unscrew 50 screws, small I right that I could do that and then lift off these lids and likely repair any interior damage?
>
> --
> Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
> ** members and growing.

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Mark Stillwell

Jun 13, 2018, 10:01:34 PM6/13/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
How did you get inside pix without getting the lid off?

Mark Stillwell
S/V Dragonfly

drdanj

Jun 13, 2018, 10:14:51 PM6/13/18
to Beneteau Owners
The tanks are empty.

drdanj

Jun 13, 2018, 10:15:40 PM6/13/18
to Beneteau Owners
The tanks have a large zcrew on opening, about 5 inches.

Mark Stillwell

Jun 13, 2018, 10:51:40 PM6/13/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
You might put some water in the tank to see if they leak.

Mark Stillwell
S/V Dragonfly

On Jun 13, 2018, at 10:15 PM, drdanj <drdan...@gmail.com> wrote:

The tanks have a large zcrew on opening, about 5 inches.

drdanj

Jun 14, 2018, 1:38:26 AM6/14/18
to Beneteau Owners
Here is the O 400 water tank showing the access port and the "lid" with all the screws.
O400 Water Tank.jpg