Cracked Window

Ben Campbell

Oct 30, 2017, 12:49:23 AM10/30/17
to Beneteau Owners
Hi,

I noticed this afternoon that the starboard side window on my Beneteau 31 is cracked. The crack goes all the way through, and runs the full height of the window, edge to edge. The line is so straight and clean that, if I didn’t know better, I would think it was just two lens panels with a missing seal. I don’t know how long it has been this way.

Does anyone have ideas of what could have cause this? Could hail damage do something like that? (she went through a few of them last spring.) Given that the entire window is a single pane, with an imbedded portlight, I have a feeling this is going to be a pain to repair, or even find someone to repair in our area.

Thanks!

Ben Campbell
Beneteau 31 “Dancing Days”
Lewisville Lake, TX.

signature.asc

Joe Sircely

Oct 30, 2017, 3:15:50 PM10/30/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Ben, Just replace the glass.
if its Lewmar get on their website and order gals and seal.
> --
> Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
> ** members and growing.

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Ben Campbell

Oct 30, 2017, 3:22:56 PM10/30/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, to be clear it’s not the glass in a portlight or hatch that’s cracked. It’s the big window pane that runs most of the length of the saloon.

Ben.
signature.asc

Mohammad Bayegan

Oct 30, 2017, 3:51:26 PM10/30/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
You need to order that from Benetaue US.