Battery Alarm

Mutchlers

Jun 10, 2016, 9:17:36 PM6/10/16
to Beneteau Owners, Mike Mutchler
I have a 2010 37' Oceanis.  I'm getting a battery alarm on the starter battery when I start the boat a few minutes after taking it off shore power.  The volt meter says I have 12.6 volts and I verified this with a handheld meter at the battery, so it doesn't seem to be low volts or even high volts.  Could my alarm be bad? And how do I test the alarm?

Mark J Wilme

Jun 10, 2016, 9:24:28 PM6/10/16
to beneteau-owners, Mike Mutchler
Test your connections all the way from battery to where the monitor is, could be loose or corroded connections

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Mutchlers

Jun 10, 2016, 9:41:53 PM6/10/16
to Beneteau Owners, mike.m...@yahoo.com

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 9:17:36 PM UTC-4, Mutchlers wrote:
I have a 2010 37' Oceanis.  I'm getting a battery alarm on the starter battery when I start the boat a few minutes after taking it off shore power.  The volt meter says I have 12.6 volts and I verified this with a handheld meter at the battery, so it doesn't seem to be low volts or even high volts.  Could my alarm be bad? And how do I test the alarm?

All the connections have been tested.

Mohammad Bayegan

Jun 10, 2016, 10:03:08 PM6/10/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
You need to be over 13.2 volt at l east.
After you start you drain the battery quite bit.
You need to take a reading while you crank the engine.
B 49 MARENGO