LED Replacement Bulbs on Beneteau 473 Oceanis Clipper European version--

Glide2277

Dec 23, 2017, 1:26:47 AM12/23/17
to Beneteau Owners
Hey all
I would like to replace the old style bulbs on my 2005 Beneteaus 473 Oceanis Clipper with new LED bulbs--If possible i would like to replace every bulb---navigation and all salon and cabin lights etc..so, I did this a few years ago on an older boat and I was able to find LED lights that screwed in without me having to replace the socket receptacle.  Does anyone know the brand / model number for LED lamps that can be used in the European model---I don't even know if the European sockets are different in any way from the American sockets--but I would like to buy the LEDs here (in the USA) because I think they will be easier to source and probably significantly less expensive...
Does anyone know
Bulb/model/identification number for the bulbs originally issued for the European B above?
Brand/model/ identification number for LED lamps that will fit?
Has anyone done a replacement?
any ideas about price differentials/ sourcing in Europe vs West?
Thanks very much
and Seasons Greetings to all
mk

Kidd, James

Dec 23, 2017, 1:38:21 AM12/23/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
They are all available at West Marine or other places. Take the current bulbs and match them. I replaced all of mine on my 473

Sent from my iPhone
--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

DAVID FLETCHER

Dec 23, 2017, 8:59:34 AM12/23/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
If the fixtures are the same it is Aqua Signal

Marine Beam is an excellent source. They have an online store and shipping would be very reasonable

Sent from my iPhone
> contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

iamdave

Dec 23, 2017, 11:10:21 AM12/23/17
to Beneteau Owners
How much of an emery savings is this? Can you really tell the difference in day to day use or energy draw?

Jim O'Neill

Dec 23, 2017, 11:21:08 AM12/23/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Second MarineBeam, great service, you can send them a pic of the bulb and where it’s used and they will recommend a replacement. I replaced my salon lights on a French built 42cc with bulbs from them.

Sent from my iPad Jim ONeill

Kidd, James

Dec 23, 2017, 11:21:52 AM12/23/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
All of the LEDs are brighter than the original bulbs, and they consume less than 10 percent of the energy. I could have every interior light on in my boat and it draws about one amp.
Additional benefits, they never burn out, and they do not generate heat.

The deck light is so much brighter that I am no longer considering adding lighting.

LEDs are a win in every aspect.

James
B 473
Adventure Galley

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 23, 2017, at 11:10 AM, iamdave <iamd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How much of an emery savings is this? Can you really tell the difference in day to day use or energy draw?

Jim Martin

Dec 23, 2017, 7:31:33 PM12/23/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Jeff Field owns Marine Beam http://www.marinebeam.com/  . He is a member of this list and has very competitive pricing, good quality lighting fixtures and bulbs, and great customer service. He would know the proper bulbs to replace the ones in your B. He did not ask me for an endorsement. I'm just a satisfied customer.

Jim Martin
into the mystic
Jeanneau SO 35

_ _

Jim Martin

Peachtree Laser, Inc.

404-352-2565

email: mailto:ptl...@bellsouth.net

website: peachtreelaser.com

or or

Dec 23, 2017, 8:12:29 PM12/23/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Likewise, Jim. We had great product and service from Marine Beam for relighting Zydeco.

Cap Munday
S/V Zydeco
Beneteau 473

Kidd, James

website: peachtreelaser.com<http://www.peachtreelasercom/>

On Dec 23, 2017, at 1:26 AM, Glide2277 <glid...@gmail.com<mailto:glid...@gmail.com><mailto:glid...@gmail.com><mailto:glid...@gmail.com>> wrote:

[...]

Bill Jarvis

Dec 24, 2017, 11:06:57 AM12/24/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

As are many on this list!

Bill

Michael Raider

Dec 24, 2017, 9:03:00 PM12/24/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com, DAVID FLETCHER
I replaced all my cabin lights using LEDs I purchased from Aliexpress. The cost for all 13 or so lights was less than the cost of one at West Marine.

Maxwell Kennedy

Dec 25, 2017, 12:27:44 PM12/25/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thank Jim---that is  a great tip which I will use...
mk

> wrote:

Hey all
I would like to replace the old style bulbs on my 2005 Beneteaus 473 Oceanis Clipper with new LED bulbs--If possible i would like to replace every bulb---navigation and all salon and cabin lights etc..so, I did this a few years ago on an older boat and I was able to find LED lights that screwed in without me having to replace the socket receptacle.  Does anyone know the brand / model number for LED lamps that can be used in the European model---I don't even know if the European sockets are different in any way from the American sockets--but I would like to buy the LEDs here (in the USA) because I think they will be easier to source and probably significantly less expensive...
Does anyone know
Bulb/model/identification number for the bulbs originally issued for the European B above?
Brand/model/ identification number for LED lamps that will fit?
Has anyone done a replacement?
any ideas about price differentials/ sourcing in Europe vs West?
Thanks very much
and Seasons Greetings to all
mk

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

dragon...@aol.com

Mar 18, 2018, 6:09:54 PM3/18/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com, davidcf...@rogers.com
Ahoy Esteemed Group,

On our B331 the aft most starboard teak cockpit seat has started to 'release' from the fiberglass seat.  Any suggestions how how to proceed/repair are greatly appreciated.

Dean & Bonnie
s/v Dragonfly

jkr...@aol.com

Mar 18, 2018, 8:05:33 PM3/18/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Dragonfly;
I have just recently gone through the process on our 331. I followed our dealers ( and factories) advise as to the procedure, so here goes.
1) use the largest spackling knives you can get. I used an assortment up to 8" wide blades and gently start to separate the wood from the fiberglass under it. Its glued down at the factory with different adhesives depending on age of manufacture, The wood insert is a solid piece made of slats that are stapled together underneath with bronze staples.The caulking will stay with the slats. If you are careful and lucky, as I was, the entire piece will come off as one piece.
2) Clean and dry and sand the bottom surface of the wood and the fiberglass as well as possible and wipe down with acetone.
3) Use 3M 5200 ( I used 4200 fast set) to glue the wood panel back into place. Put PLENTY of weights on it to hold it in its proper alignment, as it will definitely want to walk. Then you would have real problems.
4 Use "life caulk" black silicone to form the perimeter caulking between the wood seat and the fiberglass. As a personal observation, use copious amounts of tape as you will want to apply a heavy bead of silicone for the height and width to match and its a B---h to clean off otherwise.
The black silicone is close in color to what the caulking looked like originally but it will be brighter than the old sealant that is on the rest of the seats. If your seat insert doesn't come out in one piece don't panic. Keep all the pieces and follow the same procedure as above. The key for me was to work slowly and methodically to remove the wood as one piece.I am told you can buy the wood from Beneteau, but its expensive and long lead time. Mine is now in its third season after repair and still holding up.
Good luck, it does work.
Ron
S/v Esprit B331

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Mohammad Bayegan

Mar 18, 2018, 8:24:23 PM3/18/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
The only thing I can add, it helps to use a heat gun or a hair dryer while trying to lift the teak, it helps to soften the glue. Be careful  not to burn the gelcoat.
Marengo B 49

jkr...@aol.com

Mar 19, 2018, 5:27:59 PM3/19/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I allowed the 3M to dry over nite, although the instructions call for les.
LifeCaulk is sold at west Marine. The black may be hard to find. You may have to order from catalog.
A final note my dealer gave me was to look carefully at the “expiration date” on the 3M stuff ( its stamped on the lip of the tip) as if it’s older than 12 months the set up time will be very long to never if it’s too old.
I’m not sure of your location, but in our part of the northeast I would want to make sure the nite time temp stays above 50 deg, otherwise setup time could become a problem
Ron
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail