B331 Shower Drain Line

Dan Ratko

May 29, 2018, 11:26:00 AM5/29/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
New boat to me.  Just got the water system up and running for the year and everything works good.  The shower pump however, appears brand new with a new screen, but seems plugged.  I pulled the hose on both ends and on the shower drain side of the strainer there as all sorts of hair and plastic debris.   I cleaned it out, but still am not getting good suction.

Based on what I found and how much of it, I still suspect there is more debris in this hose.  I am seeking advise or tips on rodding out this line.  It's a fairly small (1/2" or so ID) so a lot of usual plumbing tools may not fit in there.  I can only access each end and am not sure how it is routed through.  I'd like to just run a cleaner through this line, if anyone had tips on what may fit.

I'm going to try to use a fish line for electrical, but if anyone had tips I'd appreciate it.

BTW, pump is new and has good suction.

Dan

Schoen Fitzgerald

May 29, 2018, 11:58:46 AM5/29/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Air compressor perhaps.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Skip Ryan

Mohammad Bayegan

Dan Ratko

May 29, 2018, 12:38:43 PM5/29/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
These are all good ideas,  I am going to try and put some pressure (air/water) on it first because I am nearly certain there is still debris in there.  There were small plastic pieces like legos or something else.

Also, I wasn't aware of that valve you mentioned, assuming each had their own outlet.  I did notice I had a second shower pump, which I assumed was for the fridge, but maybe I didn't realize downstream of it it may go to same seacock.  This valve was in the middle position, not favoring either.

Dan

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 11:28 AM, Mohammad Bayegan <moh...@msn.com> wrote:
Put a compressed air hose or water hose and blow it out.
Marengo B 49

jkr...@aol.com

May 29, 2018, 1:12:10 PM5/29/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
2 pimps on 331.
One for freshwater, second is shower/fridge drain. Valve under sink MUST be one way or other, not part way. Manual is available on B website.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
To post to this group, send email to Beneteau-Own...@googlegroups.com

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Dan Ratko

May 29, 2018, 1:24:34 PM5/29/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I just found that in the online manual.  It was centered so was likely it was closed or only partially open each way, but the confusion is that I definitely have a 3rd pump connected.  This may have been installed sometime in the last 18 years.  I will have a helper feel which one kicks on when I run the fridge drain (its on a momentary switch).

I'll trace everything out and share what I found.

Dan

jkr...@aol.com

May 29, 2018, 1:43:48 PM5/29/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Third pump is likely bilge pump.

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Jeff Taylor

Jun 5, 2018, 10:28:36 AM6/5/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

DAVID FLETCHER

Jun 5, 2018, 11:38:02 AM6/5/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Shoved or jumped?

I used Tim once and found him to be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeff Taylor

Jun 5, 2018, 11:44:42 AM6/5/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
When you know rob Tashoff, the CEO, you'll figure out which one.

DAVID FLETCHER

Jun 5, 2018, 11:49:09 AM6/5/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I have heard he is a tough nut to crack.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 5, 2018, at 11:44 AM, 'Jeff Taylor' via Beneteau Owners <benetea...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

When you know rob Tashoff, the CEO, you'll figure out which one.

<Embedded1528199017913.png>