Bundler could not find compatible version for gem "activerecord"

Robert Cranney

Jul 18, 2014, 5:43:39 PM7/18/14
to bee...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have ruby-2.0.0-p481-x64 installed on my Windows 7 PC.  I am getting the below error and am hoping someone may have experienced this issue before and knows how I can resolve it.

C:\Tools\Apps\BeerInfo>bundle
DL
is deprecated, please use Fiddle
Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/.........
Fetching additional metadata from https://rubygems.org/..
Resolving dependencies...
Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "activerecord":

In Gemfile:
    beerdb
(>= 0) x64-mingw32 depends on
      activerecord
(~> 3.2) x64-mingw32

    rails
(= 4.1.4) x64-mingw32 depends on
      activerecord
(4.1.4)

The version of activerecord gem, which is installed locally is (4.1.4, 3.2.19)

I am wondering if my issue is caused by the fact that I installed the x64 version of Ruby, and for what ever reason, activerecord doesn't have a x64f version that meets the beerdb Runtime Dependencies.

Regards,
Robert

Gerald Bauer

Jul 19, 2014, 3:35:44 AM7/19/14
to bee...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert,

  Thanks for your interest in beer.db. Sorry for now beerdb gem has a hard dependency on the 3.x series of Activerecord e.g.

 > activerecord (~> 3.2)

  Thus, you cannot use the 4.x series with Rails, that is, you cannot use the Rails 4.x series - only Rails 3.x.

  Will fix the hard dependency with the next update. Cheers.