Cleaning the other jar

Ron Olson

Jan 5, 2015, 4:56:11 PM1/5/15
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
Eric mentioned on Sunday that there was another jar of beer that has gone bad, and all that needs to be  done is clean it out. I'm volunteering to do so, but I don't know what it entails; is it as simple as remove the plug, dump the contents, and run a bunch of soap and water through it?

I'll be in the space tomorrow possibly and definitely Wednesday and Sunday and could do it on one of those days.

Ron

Justin T. Conroy

Jan 5, 2015, 5:22:36 PM1/5/15
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
PBW will do wonders to simplify the process. Dump the contents down
the drain. Do a quick rinse to get the easy stuff out, then put half a
spoonful of PBW in the container and fill it to the top with water.

Ron Olson

Jan 5, 2015, 5:28:18 PM1/5/15
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
No problem; where's the PBW kept, or should I pick up some?

Justin T. Conroy

Jan 5, 2015, 11:33:18 PM1/5/15
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
It's in one of the beer church cabinets. It's just a cylindrical
container with powder in it. There should be a spoon on top of it. Use
that for scooping and leave it with the container when you put it
back.

Thanks for helping out Ron. :-) I'll also be in tomorrow evening if
you need help with it.

rdpierce

Jan 12, 2015, 12:29:00 PM1/12/15
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
We also should have a carboy cleaning brush. It is a wire bristle thing with a long handle and an L shape bend.