RE: [Beer Church] So I want to start brewing...

18 paparan
Langkau ke mesej pertama yang belum dibaca

Ryan Pierce

belum dibaca,
26 Sep 2014, 1:16:43 PTG26/09/14
kepada beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
We should have almost all the equipment you'd need. We are set up to do all grain beers, although you can always do extract or partial mash. Ingredients, obviously, are your responsibility, and I'm not sure how we are handling propane expenses these days.

Exceptions are the primary fermenter; I personally think it is a bad idea to use carboys because they invariably overflow and make a mess. Plastic brewing buckets are my recommendation, and we may be low on them.

Also Beer Church generally brews with the intention of putting the beer on tap at the bar in the lounge. If you intend to bottle this to take home, you'd need bottles and caps.

Authorization procedure generally involves you running a brew with another brewmaster present. But if you've never brewed before, I suggest attending and helping out at someone else's brew first before trying your own.

There are some books I can recommend. I'm also wondering if there would be interest in a brewing theory and procedures class.

Also, don't expect it to be ready any time soon, but we will be erecting the Beer Cathedral, a three vessel HERMS system that is computer controlled. This will allow for more complicated mash schedules that are highly repeatable, as well as the superior wort clarity that comes from the continuous recirculation. And we will be able to do 10 gallon batch sizes.

Brew in peace, Brother,

Ryan
Beer Pope (Eastern Orthodox)