Bar Update

Ryan Pierce

Aug 2, 2013, 9:02:05 AM8/2/13
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First off, Locktoberfest (see http://locktoberfest-chicago.com/) is happening October 12th. I'm hoping we can have a Bar v2.0 ready for the event. Due to the nature of the law, we can't exactly serve home-brew to strangers. But I have it on good authority that Revolution is donating at least one keg, so having an awesome way to dispense it would be, for lack of a better term, awesome.

I'd like to do the following:

1. Rebuild fridge interior. We need more space on the bottom to get the keg in and get it coupled. I've also been hoping to find a better way to get the gas manifold mounted somewhere so it isn't flopping around.

2. Shorten the insulated jackets and air hose. Less resistance equals better air flow through the draft column.

3. While it is apart, install two new outlets that faucets can screw onto, and run beverage hose. I'm holding off on buying faucets as those are expensive, and we need to decide whether we want a nitrogen stout faucet or not.

4. Install single chip temp probes in the draft tower so we can monitor how much the beer is warming up in the tap lines. I have already got the sensors.

5. If possible, get the 3D printed vertebrae installed for the H.R. Giger look.

Tap locks probably aren't in scope for this time frame, but they are the eventual goal. I'm trying to coordinate this with Greg's bar build-out. As always, help with this would be appreciated.

Ryan