corny socket missing :(

Eric Stein

Sep 3, 2014, 12:55:22 AM9/3/14
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
Went to clean some kegs tonight and couldn't find the corny socket.
Anyone got any clues? If not, I can buy another one on amazon - Ryan,
which one do we want? This?

http://www.amazon.com/Keg-Socket-13-Pin-Lock/dp/B00GS15MPI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409718380&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=cornelius+keg+socket

Eric

Ryan Pierce

Sep 3, 2014, 11:42:57 AM9/3/14
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
No no no. That's for pin lock kegs. We don't have those.

I believe you need a 22 mm deep well socket. I see places online talk about 7/8" but I remember that being sloppy which can strip the edges, and when I replaced it with metric I got a perfect fit.

Also if we have a set of metric box wrenches, you could try one of those first, but I find a deep well socket to be more convenient.

Ryan

Eric Stein

Sep 25, 2014, 11:10:54 PM9/25/14
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
Well I'd already purchased this before I saw your email. You were right. It doesn't work. If anyone wants to buy a pin lock keg socket let me know :D

I guess I'll buy another one... but another day.

Is http://www.kegoutlet.com/keg-sockets-keg-post-sockets.html " Set of TWO BALL LOCK SOCKETS, 7/8" SIX POINT and 7/8" TWELVE POINT for Cornelius or Firestone posts (plugs) - " the right thing?

Eric

Ryan Pierce

Sep 26, 2014, 12:36:03 AM9/26/14
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
no no no. Do not use English sockets on Corny kegs. You will think you've got a grip on them, but all you will do is strip them.

You need a 22mm deep well socket. Nothing else will work.

Justin T. Conroy

Oct 3, 2014, 2:46:52 PM10/3/14
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com

Ryan Pierce

Oct 3, 2014, 3:57:44 PM10/3/14
to beer-chur...@googlegroups.com
Looks perfect.

But automotive stores should have them too.