Can I use the same API key and token for multiple applications?

Sanaz Motahari

Nov 14, 2012, 2:52:08 PM11/14/12
to bee...@googlegroups.com
Will this cause any issues?

Thanks,
Sanaz

Marco

Nov 14, 2012, 3:34:36 PM11/14/12
to bee...@googlegroups.com
Not necessarily, but I would recommend against using the same keys in multiple apps for two reasons. The first is that if you need to withdraw a key pair, you'll have to resubmit all your apps. The second is that, if we offer additional features tied to the keys, you won't be able to tell one app apart from the others. And third—yeah, I cheated!—getting more key pairs costs nothing, so there is no reason not to.

—Mt.

Sanaz Motahari

Nov 14, 2012, 5:08:47 PM11/14/12
to bee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marco,

Aside from the very valid points you mention, will there be an issue with testing (sandbox) multiple applications with a single token that is used for testing and production?

Thanks,
Sanaz