php errors when I try to install

Christine Gregory

May 1, 2012, 10:13:36 AM5/1/12
to bed...@googlegroups.com
While my install is not typical, I was successfully in installing cake in a different directory then where I am trying to install bedita. I run the shell from the directory and I am getting errors such as the following:

Strict Standards: Non-static method App::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/user/Public/www/bedita/cake/libs/configure.php on line 818
PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Configure::read() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/user/Public/www/bedita/cake/libs/configure.php on line 1130

Strict Standards: Non-static method Configure::read() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/user/Public/www/bedita/cake/libs/configure.php on line 1130
PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Configure::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/user/Public/www/bedita/cake/libs/configure.php on line 319

I have my www directory under my home directory. I am running PHP 5.4, Postgresql 9.1.3 on linux. The url is setup to run as localhost/~user.

When I setup database.php with the correct connections. I also ran the bedita_postgres_schema.sql since the shell was not installing the tables on the database.

I research this error and and apparently cake can cause issues like this because of php.5.4. The suggestion was to add php_value error_reporting 6143 to my .htaccess file. I did this and reran the install. I still get the errors on install. However, when I have this on htaccess file in the directory bedita, I get a 500 error going to url with the browser. When I comment it out, I get a 404 error.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Dante

May 2, 2012, 2:14:01 AM5/2/12
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christine,
    as long as it's not clear what the issue is, I suggest you:

 * change log level to debug in <bedita-home>/bedita-app/config/core.php => Configure::write('debug', 2);
 * take a look at log files in <bedita-home>/bedita-app/tmp/log/

Common problem during fresh install is about "tmp folder permits". Try to give write permits to the folder <bedita-home>/bedita-app/tmp (i.e., from terminal, sudo chmod -R 777 <bedita-home>/bedita-app/tmp).

Which version of cake and bedita are you trying to install?
Ciao,
Dante

Il giorno martedì 1 maggio 2012 16:13:36 UTC+2, Christine Gregory ha scritto:
[...] I still get the errors on install. However, when I have this on htaccess file in the directory bedita, I get a 500 error going to url with the browser. When I comment it out, I get a 404 error.

Stefano Rosanelli

May 2, 2012, 4:13:17 AM5/2/12
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christine

On 05/01/2012 04:13 PM, Christine Gregory wrote:
> When I setup database.php with the correct connections. I also ran the bedita_postgres_schema.sql since the shell was not installing the tables on the database.

as Dante already asked it's important to know which BEdita version you
are using - I would say 3.1.6 looking at your error logs. Correct?
Complete postgres support (on install and in general) will be available
in BEdita 3.2 - in 3.1 support is partial, you could run into some problems.

> I research this error and and apparently cake can cause issues like this because of php.5.4

Definitely, it's a Cake related problem.
We are going to release a new 3.1 version soon with a new Cake version.

Since we did not do many tests on PHP 5.4, could you please try to
install the 3.2 beta and see if the problems are still there?

thanks, ciao
Stefano

Alberto Pagliarini

May 2, 2012, 12:14:52 PM5/2/12
to bed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christine,

I have investigated the issue and I should have find the solution.

Two steps:

  1. There is a bug already fixed upstream in BEdita 3.1 about a deprecated call-time pass-by-reference in PHP 5.4. See http://code.google.com/p/bedita/source/detail?r=3797 and update bedita-app/libs/be_lib.php file

  2. CakePHP 1.2.x lacks of the full compatibility with PHP 5.4 but it's quite simple to workaround it. I filled a ticket on CakePHP bug tracking http://cakephp.lighthouseapp.com/projects/42648-cakephp/tickets/2847-missing-compatibility-with-php-54-in-cakephp-12x

    If you want to use PHP 5.4 you have to workaround it editing some files:
    cake/bootstrap.php about line 29

    if (!defined('E_DEPRECATED')) {
    define('E_DEPRECATED', 8192);
    }
    if (!defined('E_STRICT')) {
    define('E_STRICT', 2048);
    }
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

    cake/console/cake.php about line 135

    ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

    cake/libs/configure.php about line 287
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

    cake/libs/debugger.php about line 287
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

BEdita should works well :)

PS. If you use BEdita 3.2 you have to fix the BEdita bug http://code.google.com/p/bedita/source/detail?r=3796

ciao

2012/5/2 Stefano Rosanelli <stefano....@gmail.com>

--
------ bato -------

Alberto Pagliarini

May 3, 2012, 4:19:16 AM5/3/12
to bed...@googlegroups.com
ooops... forgot last file cake/libs/debugger.php, it's ok.
ciao

2012/5/2 Alberto Pagliarini <bat...@gmail.com>

--

Alberto Pagliarini