How to start a translation

Edely Gomes

Jun 4, 2017, 9:33:06 PM6/4/17
to beautifulsoup
Hello. I was looking for the translation guidelines in the Launchpad and documentation, but could not find it. I am brazilian and I would like to translate the documentation to portuguese. I was wondering if there is a proper way to do it. Does someone know where I could start to do this?

leonardr

Jun 4, 2017, 9:48:10 PM6/4/17
to beautifulsoup
Edely,

Thanks for offering to do a Portuguese translation. This has the potential to help a lot of people. Here's what I'd ask you to do:

* Please translate the phrase "This document is available in Portuguese." so that I can put it in the list on https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/.

* It's probably easier to translate the .RST version of the documentation than the HTML version:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~leonardr/beautifulsoup/bs4/view/head:/doc/source/index.rst

* Once you're done with the translation, you can put it in a doc.pt directory (similar to doc.zh for the Chinese translation) and create a pull request, or you can just email me the translation at leon...@segfault.org.

Leonard