Path Sampling SNAPP Fatal Exception

katie mercier

Jun 7, 2017, 1:56:05 AM6/7/17
to beast-users
Hi all,

I am attempting to run a SNAPP tree with Path Sampling and am having some issues. When I begin the run it seems to start fine, but then I get an error:

Fatal exception: / by zero
java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
    at beast.core.Logger.log(Unknown Source)
    at beast.core.MCMC.log(Unknown Source)
    at beast.inference.PathSamplingStep.doLoop(Unknown Source)
    at beast.inference.PathSamplingStep.run(Unknown Source)
    at beast.app.BeastMCMC.run(Unknown Source)
    at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.main(Unknown Source)
Fatal exception: / by zero
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error was encounted. Terminating BEAST
    at beast.app.util.ErrorLogHandler.publish(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.severe(Unknown Source)
    at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.main(Unknown Source)
File error: \home\kpmercier\step0\beast.xml.state (The system cannot find the file specified)

The dataset runs fine in SNAPP with the same priors, so I am unsure why it is having problems with Path Sampling. I can only assume I have specified something in the XML file incorrectly, but can't find anything wrong. I have checked Java, and the only version on my computer is 1.8. I have attached the output file 'pathsampling.log'  file which contains the error message, the input XML, and the log file snap.log from step 0. I have set all the chains to low numbers while I am checking to make sure everything is working.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you,

Katie
pathsampling.log
PathSampling.xml
snap.log