Tracer v1.6 doesn't run on linux

Hokiebawa13

Apr 10, 2014, 6:46:13 PM4/10/14
to beast...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have been trying to run Tracer on my lab workstation, which runs on Ubuntu 12.04, but the bash script fails to run. I have tried changing the paths, as per suggestions from some older posts to where Tracer.jar is, but it still doesn't run. I even tried running just the jar file... (java -jar tracer.jar) just to see if path was causing the problem...but it still gives the same error. Could any of you have any idea what could be causing the problem. I will really appreciate if anybody could help.

Btw the bash script runs fine on my machine, when I run it through cygwin (given the right path), but I am not able to figure out what's causing the problem in workstation.

Thanks
Rajesh

I am quoting the error reports below:

rbawa@HollidayLab:~/Documents/Tracer/bin$ ./tracer
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
    at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:207)
    at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:535)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:174)
    at dr.app.tracer.application.TracerApp.main(Unknown Source)
rbawa@HollidayLab:~/Documents/Tracer/bin$ cd ..
rbawa@HollidayLab:~/Documents/Tracer$ cd lib
rbawa@HollidayLab:~/Documents/Tracer/lib$ java -jar tracer.jar