Error in resuming SNAPP analysis in Beast 2.3.1

tkch...@email.uark.edu

Jan 5, 2016, 9:41:07 PM1/5/16
to beast-users
I am having the following error (using release 2.3.1 on Linux) when attempting to continue a SNAPP run (from my beast output):

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Sample"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
        at beast.core.Logger.openLogFile(Unknown Source)
        at beast.core.Logger.init(Unknown Source)
        at beast.core.MCMC.run(Unknown Source)
        at beast.app.BeastMCMC.run(Unknown Source)
        at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at beast.app.beastapp.BeastLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I have tried running with just the -resume flag, as well as by pointing to program to the statefile. I have attached the full output as well as my .state file.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Tyler
snapp_trimmed_1m_2.out
gila_trimmed_1m.xml.state

tkch...@email.uark.edu

Jan 5, 2016, 10:15:54 PM1/5/16
to beast-users
I just tried Beast_2,3.2. I also tried changing the sample names in my XML to the numbers printed in the newick tree in the statefile. Both give same error.

tkch...@email.uark.edu

Jan 5, 2016, 10:44:21 PM1/5/16
to beast-users
My current run died before finishing the burn-in, so there was no entries to the .log and .trees files. I've placed an entry for state 0 into each log, and the program seems to now at least give the appearance of working. Will update once I have gone enough generations for it to output a sample to the .state file.

Is this the intended behavior? Seems like it should be appending to the .log and .trees file regardless, and just running from the values in the statefile. Not sure that I changed anything else this iteration, so I am fairly sure that is what fixed it.

Perry Wood

Jul 18, 2016, 9:27:54 AM7/18/16
to beast-users
Hi Tyler,

I am experiencing the same problem.  Did you ever figure this out or did someone respond to you about this?

Thanks,

Perry