Doesn't even start: "java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find a proper state to initialise."

taua...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2016, 4:37:54 AM6/16/16
to beast-users
Hi BEAST users!

This is my first time running BEAST (v.2.4.1). I am running a FBD analysis with a bit more than 200 tips, a few dozen of them fossils with no morpho data, ages only.
I know a lot of people had this issue before, but I noticed they always got more on the output, and I couldn't find a solution that worked in my case so far.

My output below is very small, not very informative (and I didn't even click in the beagle box). No files are created.
Please let me know if you have any ideas of what might be the problem. Attached is a test xml.

I appreciate immensely any help!
Best,
Tauana

Random number seed: 1465310100502

Failed to load BEAGLE library: no hmsbeagle-jni in java.library.path
Failed to load BEAGLE library: no hmsbeagle-jni in java.library.path
Failed to load BEAGLE library: no hmsbeagle-jni in java.library.path
Failed to load BEAGLE library: no hmsbeagle-jni in java.library.path
Failed to load BEAGLE library: no hmsbeagle-jni in java.library.path
Failed to load BEAGLE library: no hmsbeagle-jni in java.library.path
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find a proper state to initialise. Perhaps try another seed.
at beast.core.MCMC.run(Unknown Source)
at beast.app.BeastMCMC.run(Unknown Source)
at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
at beast.app.beastapp.BeastMain.main(Unknown Source)
at beast.app.beastapp.BeastLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Fatal exception: Could not find a proper state to initialise. Perhaps try another seed.
Fatal exception: Could not find a proper state to initialise. Perhaps try another seed.

BEAST has terminated with an error. Please select QUIT from the menu.

test.xml

taua...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2016, 5:55:25 PM6/16/16
to beast-users
Never mind, I fixed it. If anyone is having the same problem, try decreasing the initial value for the diversification rate prior.