Can't import large sequence file into beauti

Alvin Han

Mar 25, 2016, 1:16:35 AM3/25/16
to beast-users
Hi, I was trying to load a large sequence file (~4000 taxons) into beauti (beast v2.4.0) but kept getting the following error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.AbstractMap.putAll(AbstractMap.java:280)
at java.util.TreeMap.putAll(TreeMap.java:327)
at java.util.TreeMap.<init>(TreeMap.java:185)
at beast.evolution.tree.Node.copy(Unknown Source)
at beast.evolution.tree.Node.copy(Unknown Source)
at beast.evolution.tree.Node.copy(Unknown Source)
at beast.evolution.tree.Node.copy(Unknown Source)
        [...]

I understand that beast would probably not do well sampling posterior distribution for large trees but I am actually trying to emulate the results from another paper that had done this successfully (on beast v.1.8 but I doubt it matters).
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Graham

Mar 26, 2016, 6:46:31 AM3/26/16
to beast-users
It looks like you need to increase the java stack size for Beauti. A similar problem was discussed here https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/beast-users/VW8_UJ3GCMs

Graham

Alvin Han

Mar 26, 2016, 7:54:09 PM3/26/16
to beast-users
Hi Graham, thanks for the reply!

I did read that post before posting and increased the java stack size but still got the same error. In fact, the error that I've got seemed to be different from Victor's in his similar problem - his error message was "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError" and mine is "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StackOverflowError". I read online that mine meant that there could be an infinite recursive loop in the code.

Thanks for answering anyways!