Beast v1.8.4 error java.lang.String cannot be cast to dr.evolution.alignment.Pattern List

Ericka Kirkpatrick

Aug 24, 2016, 10:06:39 AM8/24/16
to beast-users
I'm trying to figure out where to look for the error that's causing this message:

BEAST has terminated with an error. Please select QUIT from the menu.
Fatal exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to dr.evolution.alignment.PatternList
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to dr.evolution.alignment.PatternList
at dr.evoxml.MergePatternsParser.parseXMLObject(Unknown Source)
at dr.xml.AbstractXMLObjectParser.parseXMLObject(Unknown Source)
at dr.xml.XMLParser.convert(Unknown Source)
at dr.xml.XMLParser.convert(Unknown Source)
at dr.xml.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at dr.app.beast.BeastMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
at dr.app.beast.BeastMain.main(Unknown Source)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Terminate
at dr.app.beast.BeastMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
at dr.app.beast.BeastMain.main(Unknown Source)

Thanks!

Andrew Rambaut

Aug 24, 2016, 10:17:15 AM8/24/16
to beast...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ericka,

Is this an XML directly from BEAUti or did you make any manual alterations? If you send me the XML directly, I can take a look.

Best,
Andrew