GSoC: Barrel x Elixir

Wojciech Kryściński

Mar 3, 2016, 5:31:00 AM3/3/16
to BEAM Community
Hi,

My name is Wojtek. I am a M.Sc. Computer Science student at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Cracow, Poland. I hold a two B.Sc. degrees in Econometrics and Computer Science. I am interested in the topic of functional programming and lately I've been discovering Elixir. I have some previous Erlang experience as I had multiple University courses related to this language. I would be interested in developing an Elixir Node for Barrel. What are the steps to apply for this project?

Benoit Chesneau

Mar 4, 2016, 12:31:24 AM3/4/16
to BEAM Community

On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 11:31:00 AM UTC+1, Wojciech Kryściński wrote:
Hi,

My name is Wojtek. I am a M.Sc. Computer Science student at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Cracow, Poland. I hold a two B.Sc. degrees in Econometrics and Computer Science. I am interested in the topic of functional programming and lately I've been discovering Elixir. I have some previous Erlang experience as I had multiple University courses related to this language. I would be interested in developing an Elixir Node for Barrel. What are the steps to apply for this project?

Hi Wojciech,

Thanks a lot for your interest! Can you describe what the node will provides? Will this node replace the default brarrel API?
- benoit
Message has been deleted

Wojciech Kryściński

Mar 7, 2016, 11:03:57 AM3/7/16
to BEAM Community
Hello Benoit,

Thank you for the response! I was actually thinking about working on Idea #1 listed in the GSoC wiki.
So I was wondering how to officially apply for this project?

Benoit Chesneau

Mar 7, 2016, 4:48:42 PM3/7/16
to BEAM Community

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 5:03:57 PM UTC+1, Wojciech Kryściński wrote:
Hello Benoit,

Thank you for the response! I was actually thinking about working on Idea #1 listed in the GSoC wiki.
So I was wondering how to officially apply for this project?

Hi,

Join me on IRC tomorrow, would be easier to discuss.

- benoît

Wojciech Kryściński

Mar 10, 2016, 4:02:06 AM3/10/16
to BEAM Community
When can I catch you there?

Benoit Chesneau

Mar 11, 2016, 12:19:34 PM3/11/16
to BEAM Community
Hi Wojciech,

Sorry for the delay to answer, I'm currently UTC-7. I will be available during the next 2h on IRC to discuss more about that or tomorrow around 4PM UTC+1. Hopefully we will be able to discuss about it.

There is actually & other guy interested to apply  on this idea but let's discuss further. I'm curious about your idea of an elixir node, maybe you could expand that? Feel free to join me directly on my mail :)

- benoit