GSoC Lasp Idea #1

mantas.sau...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2018, 4:22:50 PM2/22/18
to BEAM Community
Hi,
I am the final year undergraduate student of computer science at Vilnius University with the interest in Lasp Idea #1: Large-scale testing.
The most basic question is this: do you feel that there is enough time to prepare a serious proposal until the deadline for student application with some serious effort? If so, I am really interested in working with you and showing my abilities and commitment. However, in this case I really need some help, guidance for your side or even clearly stated tasks.
Regards,
Mantas

Christopher Meiklejohn

Feb 23, 2018, 10:58:27 AM2/23/18
to mantas.sau...@gmail.com, BEAM Community
Hi Mantas,

I do feel there is sufficient time. But, I guess some good basic
questions to start with are:

1.) What is your familiarity with Erlang and Elixir?

2.) Do you have any experience with running clusters of computers?
(ie. Mesos, Spark, etc.)

3.) What is your familiarity with distributed programming?

Cheers,
Christopher