EXI for MongooseIM - report

Piotr Ociepka

Jul 14, 2015, 11:36:37 AM7/14/15
to beam-community
Hello,
the last few weeks I made quite big progress.
First of all, I finally understood some tricky cases of EXI encoding protocol. The documentation prepared by W3C is a bit too long and tough to understand so I found other publications.
Next, I prepared the very first version of EXI parser in Erlang. It handles only simple cases but I'm working to improve it.
I was also working on NIF wrappers for EXIP library, but it wasn't my priority.
This week I'm going to prepare the first 'release' of EXI parser. I think, I'll be able to handle XMPP messages.
After that, I'm going to consider using XML Schemas and compression algorithms. When my parser is ready, I will conduct some performance tests to compare my implementation with NIF functions.

Best regards,
Piotrek