GSOC 2015: MongooseIM Idea # 3 : Webhooks

SHAMBHU PRASAD

Mar 23, 2015, 5:14:15 AM3/23/15
to <Unnamed>, Stefan Strigler, Stefan Strigler
Hi,

I am a final year undergraduate student of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT Kgp). I am a Computer Science Major.

I have had a great experience with XMPP and MongooseIM last year during GSoC 2014 with my mentor Stefan Strigler where I successfully finished the project to implement XEP-280 Message Carbons and its test modules. This year again I am willing to submit a proposal for the Idea # 2 Webhooks under MongooseIM.

I have worked on projects prior to GSoC to develop an android chat client for a startup using Java where I used ejabberd server to incorporate One-to-one and Multi-user-chat along with rooster support in my client. I got familiar with Erlang to finish my messsage carbons project. I have also done other projects involving backend HTTP server using Java. Recently I build a nice app with a responsive GUI in Java to grab and display network statistics from a live log file or from the socket itself (HTTP log consumer monitor).

I have been trying to familiarize myself with this project for past 1 week and I would like to prepare a proposal?

You can find all my work here (Github repo).

Thank You

--
Regards,

Shambhu Prasad