GSoC 2014: Disco

Sergey Abramyan

Feb 25, 2014, 2:47:18 AM2/25/14
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I would like to work on Disco project, task: New features for Disco front end.

I using erlang year in closed projects and i have small projects on github (https://github.com/saa).

Shayan Pooya

Feb 25, 2014, 7:05:08 AM2/25/14
to Sergey Abramyan, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Great!
That is on the list of my most wanted features.
Welcome.

Sergey Abramyan

Feb 25, 2014, 7:53:53 AM2/25/14
to Shayan Pooya, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Cool!
There are some rules for filing in beam-community?
I'm ready to start learning the current code base and work on application.
--
Best regards,
Sergey Abramyan

José Valim

Feb 25, 2014, 8:10:32 AM2/25/14
to Sergey Abramyan, Shayan Pooya, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
The rules are the ones specified in the Google Summer of Code project. The only extra "rule" we ask is for students to introduce themselves in the mailing list (and join #beam-community if possible) but you already did so. :)

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Lead Developer

Sergey Abramyan

Feb 25, 2014, 8:59:52 AM2/25/14
to José Valim, Shayan Pooya, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Good :) Then start working on application.

Chamin De Silva

Mar 12, 2014, 2:34:28 AM3/12/14
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com, Sergey Abramyan
Hi,

It would be great if we could know what other project ideas are considered most wanted features, so that we could work on a project that is most valuable to the community.

BR,
Chamin

Shayan Pooya

Mar 12, 2014, 9:30:07 AM3/12/14
to Chamin De Silva, beam-co...@googlegroups.com, Sergey Abramyan
Hello Chamin,

Of course all of those projects have their merits for the community and that's why they have been suggested.  The projects that do not involve any third-party projects are the ones that are most wanted as a GSoC project (because we can control the complexity of these projects).

The other projects (security with containers,  hdfs integration, and workers in Haskell/Go) should only be chosen if you are already familiar with those technologies.

Regards.