About GSoC 2015 idea 'Idea #3: Network-resource-aware task allocator' of project 'Disco'

Upekshe Jayasekera

Mar 14, 2015, 1:21:16 AM3/14/15
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi BEAM Community,
I am Upekshe Jayasekera from University of Moratuwa. I am studying Computer Science and Engineering and I have completed 3 years in my degree. and about to go for the 4th year. I have experience in programming in C and Java. But I am a fast learner and I am pretty cable in learning any language fast. I have small experience in Erlang. But I have started learning the language. But I have good knowledge in algorithms since we learn both subjects Algorithms and Intelligent Systems in our degree program. I think it will be a great help for successfully completing the Job.
I like to contribute to the idea 'Idea #3: Network-resource-aware task allocator' of project 'Disco'. I am new to GSoC so it will be a great help if you can provide me some information on what type of information you want in a proposal if I am to proceed with with this idea.

Thanks and Reagards,
Upekshe Jayasekera
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka

Shayan Pooya

Mar 15, 2015, 11:39:09 PM3/15/15
to Upekshe Jayasekera, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello Upekshe and welcome to the beam community!

> I am new to GSoC so it will be a great help if you can provide me some information on what type of information you want in a proposal if I am to proceed with with this idea.

Quoting GSoC website
(http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2015/help_page#5._What_should_a_student_proposal_look)

"""
Your proposal should include the following: your project proposal, why
you'd like to execute on this particular project, and the reason
you're the best individual to do so. Your proposal should also include
details of your academic, industry, and/or open source development
experience, and other details as you see fit. An explanation of your
development methodology is a good idea, as well. It is always helpful
to include contact information as well, as it will not be
automatically shared with your would-be mentors as part of the
proposal process. If the organization you want to work with has a
specific proposal template they would like you to use, it will be made
available to you to fill in when submitting your proposal via the
Google Summer of Code site. Regardless of what you include in your
proposal, we recommend you speak to the mentoring organization(s) you
are applying to about what they are looking for in a proposal to give
you the best chance of success in your proposal.
"""

Personally, I will be looking at the execution plan for the project,
and the goals. Specifically, for this project that you mentioned there
are different design decisions that could be made and I'd like to see
your take on that.

regards.