Required knowledge for the Elixir/Barrel project

Dylan Guedes

Mar 16, 2016, 4:42:52 PM3/16/16
to BEAM Community
Hello,

I'm interested in the Elixir addition to the Barrel project with GSoC, but I have a concern about the knowledge needed. I read a few books about the language (like Elixir in Action and a few others), but I never worked in a real Elixir project. How much is the required knowledge?

Thank you.

Benoit Chesneau

Mar 17, 2016, 11:39:19 AM3/17/16
to BEAM Community
Dylan,

To start this projects, you need to use a little Elixir to figure how it works.  You will have to understand enough elixir to embed it in an Erlang application. It will also requires to learn how views and hooks are working in barrel. Me or Nicolas will be able to assist the student on that point, so no worries :)

You can join us on the barrel IRC or users channel to discuss more about it :) Note that we also get a submitted proposal for that project, so you may want to look another project in barrel or maybe send us your idea :)

- benoît