GSOC 2016: Idea #4: Improve ejabberd configuration and extensibility with configuration DSL

Анна Мухаррам

Mar 6, 2016, 2:06:13 PM3/6/16
to BEAM Community
Hello, everyone!
I am
a first year master's degree student from Russia.
I am interested in functional programming and distributed systems. I have been  programming in Erlang more than two years.
Last year I had developed Interval Tree Clock plugin for RabbitMQ as part of my Backelor's thesis (https://github.com/Amuhar/rabbitmq-itc).
I think that implementing DSL with Elixir is an interesting task. Since last year I am particularly interested in idea 4
"Improve ejabberd configuration and extensibility with configuration DSL".

Could  anyone provide more details of this problem? Or can I send someone an email to discuss details of this idea?

Best regards,
Anna Muharram

Mickaël Rémond .

Mar 8, 2016, 4:35:55 AM3/8/16
to Анна Мухаррам, BEAM Community
Hello Anna,

Welcome and thank you for your interest in developing on ejabberd.

You can discuss / ask questions, yes, no problem. You can send them directly to me, no problem, I would be glad to help !

Thanks !

Mickaël Rémond

Mar 11, 2016, 4:07:22 AM3/11/16
to Анна Мухаррам, BEAM Community
Hello Anna,

Did you manage to get further in your proposal ?

Have you already build ejabberd from source ?
Any question ?

Thanks !

--
Mickaël Rémond