Erlang Development Environment

drishan ranaweera

Mar 10, 2014, 2:22:06 PM3/10/14
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

    I'm Harshika Drishan Ranaweera. I'm from Sri Lanka. I'm a third year student in Computer Science and Engineering department of  University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I would like to contribute to the Erlang Development Environment project.

    I'm currently at my internship period at Wavenet International. (http://www.wavenet.lk/).

In our company we basically use erlang as our development language since it is very supportable  for OTP in telecommunication. I have involve with some major product developments with the company and learned basic scenarios regarding erlang language.

I was involved with developing a server module for one of the leading telecommunication companies in sri lanka,

subjects related with erlang- behavior modules like gen_server,gen_fsm and also involved with xmerl module where i had to insert data for a .ods format, And since our company uses CDR (Caller Detail  Records) storing scenarios i am familiar with Disk_logs as well.

when developing erlang modules i find a difficulty of using a nice interface. And since all our moduels are run in the linux servers i find it difficult to make necessary configuration suitable with erlang compatibility. i was assign to develop a module for sql database.Then i  used erlang ODBC module and  it took me so much time to configure them on the linux server though it was very easy at windows operating machine.

Since i had to face such scenarios i think developing such an environment for erlang can be very easy to use with. And it will help others to understand the erlang basics well and develop error tolerant applications and systems with erlang.

Name: H. D. Ranaweera

email : hdrana...@gmail.com

Thank you.