Timeline for assessing Student proposals

Mickaël Rémond

Apr 4, 2016, 9:42:50 AM4/4/16
to beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We have now all students proposals.
We can now start rating the proposal. You should rate and comment in priority on proposal on your primary topic, but you are welcome to help others mentors and provide your opinion on other projects proposal.

To be good in term of timeline we need to aim to have completed the first round of evaluation of all proposal internally before april 11th.
That will server as a basis for overall proposal quality assessment and discuss priority across projects, if needed.

Please, mail me directly if you have any questions. There is some topics that we are recommended not to discuss publicly to not give students false expectations. So, it is better to make sure we comply with Google rules.

Thanks,

--
Mickaël Rémond

Christopher Meiklejohn

Apr 11, 2016, 9:55:06 AM4/11/16
to Mickaël Rémond, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
I think I have selected the proposals I'd like accepted, but I want to
make sure it's all good before the end of the day today.

Please let me know if I need to provide additional information.

- Christopher

Mickaël Rémond

Apr 11, 2016, 2:44:06 PM4/11/16
to Christopher Meiklejohn, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello Christopher,

Can you please send me the list of projects by order of preference for Lasp. From the document it looks like you selected three, and saying to mentor three.
However, Google says a mentor should only mentor one student as this is already demanding and they want us to focus on helping the student finish the project as much as we can.
Moreover, we do not yet have the final total number of slot, but it is unlikely we will have that much project allocated overall. We will have to share them between all projects.

So, can you please, let us know you ordered preferences for Lasp ?

Thanks !

Christopher Meiklejohn

Apr 12, 2016, 7:00:18 AM4/12/16
to Mickaël Rémond, beam-co...@googlegroups.com
We want the following:

* Implementing op-based CRDTs in Lasp, mentored by Me.
* Distributed Intermediate Tree Elimination in Lasp, mentored by Zeeshan.

Thank you,
Christopher