GTK GUI w/ C, no border/decorations through VNC headless

stephen....@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2014, 5:33:06 PM4/11/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
  I've searched for the past few days but can't find a solution to this.
  I just received a BBB and am running the Anstrom that came with it (Linux beaglebone 3.8.13)
  I've gotten X11VNC up and running with the anstrom-x11vnc-xinit package
  I installed gtk+3-dev
  I did an opkg update and upgrade
  I can compile c files with GTK included and used some examples to try to create a GTK GUI (https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.7/gtk-getting-started.html)

Problem: when the GTK window appears, it has no borders or titlebar, and borders and title bars dissapear from all the other windows until the GTK GUI is exited.  Who do I fix this?

Thanks
Stephen

liyaoshi

Apr 11, 2014, 9:50:44 PM4/11/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You need a windows manager
try matchbox ?

liyaoshi

Apr 11, 2014, 9:51:45 PM4/11/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
My personal suggestion

Use Qt5 + wayland

tony.s...@googlemail.com

May 2, 2014, 10:37:14 AM5/2/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, stephen....@gmail.com
Did you find a solution because I'm having the same issue with GTK 2.0

walter harms

May 2, 2014, 12:34:57 PM5/2/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Borders are normaly created by the Windowmanager.
Do you have the same problem with normal xprogramms say xclock ?

re,
wh

stephen....@gmail.com

May 2, 2014, 2:14:32 PM5/2/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, wha...@bfs.de
No, everything seems normal, but windows create by GTK are missing borders and title bars.