DDR3 Timings for BBG Wireless

Ryan

Sep 5, 2017, 3:54:48 PM9/5/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I wanted to check if beagle bone green and green wireless use MT41K256M16TW-107 DDR chip?

If so, i am unable to find the ddr3 timings in the bootloader sources which makes me believe that i might be looking at some old code.

Can anyone point me to the right sources which contains ddr3 timings for MT41K256M16TW-107?

Thanks,

Robert Nelson

Sep 5, 2017, 5:16:08 PM9/5/17
to Beagle Board
For the am335x, u-boot uses some base jdec timings, then the rest is
auto-calibrated, all in "SPL"..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Ryan

Sep 6, 2017, 6:05:25 AM9/6/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi Robert,

From my understanding, We need to input the timings to a Tool provided by TI and then it generates the values for each chip. This is different for different chips as timings are different.

I wanted to find out these timings. Also, I did not see anywhere AM335x will auto calibrate the values.
Can you please elaborate on them

Thanks

Jason Kridner

Sep 7, 2017, 12:41:59 AM9/7/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM 'Ryan' via BeagleBoard <beagl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Robert,

From my understanding, We need to input the timings to a Tool provided by TI and then it generates the values for each chip. This is different for different chips as timings are different.

I wanted to find out these timings. Also, I did not see anywhere AM335x will auto calibrate the values.
Can you please elaborate on them

Not 100% sure this is the magic code, but I suspect it is:

Thanks