Newbie to BBB ~ Custom 7" TFT Cape

r.b...@mykoolride.com

May 15, 2014, 3:04:33 PM5/15/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to using BeagleBones.

My design is a cape with a 7" TFT LCD and support circuitry for my application.  When I power up just my cape all of the LCD supply voltages are at their proper values.  I then plugged it into the BBB and again all voltages are at their correct values but there is no booting activity.

What should I expect after powering up?  If I purchase one of the ready-made LCD capes what should I expect upon powering .

Thanks

Gerald Coley

May 15, 2014, 5:10:50 PM5/15/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
If it does not boot, that means you messed up the boot pins with your design and changed the boot mode. The LCD pins set the boot mode. I suggest you read the SRM for details on this.

You can also search the group as this has been covered many times.

If you by the ready made LCDs, they won't mess up the boot and will boot fine.

Gerald