C code for a 16x2 LCD via I2C module

Shaheen Iquebal

Jun 18, 2015, 6:03:19 AM6/18/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

I bought a 16x2 character LCD and a I2C module for programming the LCD but I can't a proper C code to make it work or get some information how to send commands to it. Can anyone please provide some info.

Graham

Jun 18, 2015, 10:50:11 AM6/18/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Google is your friend.

Search for I2C LCD and see what you find.  So much you will have trouble reading it all.

Almost all 16x2 character LCDs use the Hitachi HD44780 controller chip, so you can
also search for "I2C LCD HD44780" and you will find Python code, C code,  mostly
for Arduino and  Raspberry Pi, but the interface from the I2C expander to the LCD is the same.

Example result:
http://tronixlabs.com/news/tutorial-serial-i2c-backpack-for-hd44780compatible-lcd-modules-with-arduino/

Adafruit sells several I2C to LCD products and posts example code on github.

--- Graham

==