Booting from microSD

Ray Madigan

Mar 6, 2015, 12:56:43 AM3/6/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have two beaglebone blacks rev B and I am trying to boot either of them from a microSD card and I can't make either one of them work.  I must be doing something wrong and I need some help.

I have a 32GB microSD card Pro from Samsung.    I wrote the image:

bbxm-ubuntu-14.04.2-console-armhf-2015-02-19-2gb.img to the microsd card.

I have the bone connected to a monitor, keyboard and mouse.  It boots normally.

I insert the microSD card press the user boot button and power it up, no light comes on at all for as long as I hold the button.

If I try without the button press three lights light up immediately and stay there for ever.

Am I doing something wrong?  I tired connected to a network and not with the same result.

Any guidance would be appreciated?

Robert Nelson

Mar 6, 2015, 9:11:26 AM3/6/15
to Beagle Board
On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Ray Madigan <raymond...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two beaglebone blacks rev B and I am trying to boot either of them
> from a microSD card and I can't make either one of them work. I must be
> doing something wrong and I need some help.
>
> I have a 32GB microSD card Pro from Samsung. I wrote the image:
>
> bbxm-ubuntu-14.04.2-console-armhf-2015-02-19-2gb.img to the microsd card.

"bbxm" = BeagleBoard xM...

You have a bone...

So either:

http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#BeagleBone.2FBeagleBone_Black

or:

http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#eMMC:_BeagleBone_Black

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

William Pretty Security

Mar 6, 2015, 7:54:15 PM3/6/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

You are using the wrong image L

That one “bbxm ….” Is for the “Beagle Board XM’

You want one that says ‘bone70’ or what ever number they are up to ….

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmond Burke (1729 - 1797)

http://www.packtpub.com/building-a-home-security-system-with-beaglebone/book

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/bill-pretty/2b/b07/602