flashing lights and failed installation on BBGW

Stephane Charette

Aug 10, 2016, 11:02:49 PM8/10/16
to BeagleBoard
Trying to install BBGW-blank-debian-8.5-seeed-iot-armhf-2016-08-07-4gb.img onto a new BBGW.  Had problems, so I went out and bought a new micro SD card and a new card reader just in case.

When I hold the boot button down as I plug in power, I get one of two scenarios happening:

  • User LEDs #0 and 2 turn on, then lights 1 and 3 turn on, and back to #0 and 2, then 1 and 3.  I've left it like that for over an hour thinking maybe that was a new pattern.
  • All 4 LEDs turn on, then off, then on again, at the same rate as the normal "heartbeat".  So blink twice, then 1/2 second pause, and blink twice again.
  • User LED #0 (heartbeat) blinks maybe 3 or 4 times, then nothing else.  No other activity.

Is there a page where the blink patterns are explained?  If not, does someone know where in the code to look so I can find the different blink patterns and their explanation?

Stéphane

evilwulfie

Aug 10, 2016, 11:09:08 PM8/10/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
what power supply are you using?

Robert Nelson

Aug 10, 2016, 11:18:27 PM8/10/16
to Beagle Board, Stephane Charette
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Stephane Charette
<stephane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to install BBGW-blank-debian-8.5-seeed-iot-armhf-2016-08-07-4gb.img
> onto a new BBGW. Had problems, so I went out and bought a new micro SD card
> and a new card reader just in case.
>
> When I hold the boot button down as I plug in power, I get one of two
> scenarios happening:
>
> User LEDs #0 and 2 turn on, then lights 1 and 3 turn on, and back to #0 and
> 2, then 1 and 3. I've left it like that for over an hour thinking maybe
> that was a new pattern.

That's wifidog, scanning for wifi adapers...

> All 4 LEDs turn on, then off, then on again, at the same rate as the normal
> "heartbeat". So blink twice, then 1/2 second pause, and blink twice again.

"flashing" failed...

> User LED #0 (heartbeat) blinks maybe 3 or 4 times, then nothing else. No
> other activity.
>

> Is there a page where the blink patterns are explained? If not, does
> someone know where in the code to look so I can find the different blink
> patterns and their explanation?

Do you have a usb serial adapter?

For "flashing" you are looking for the cylon pattern..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Stephane Charette

Aug 10, 2016, 11:31:45 PM8/10/16
to BeagleBoard
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 8:09:08 PM UTC-7, Wulf Man wrote:
what power supply are you using?

The USB micro (the only power option on a BBGW) plugged into a Certified Data 4-port powered USB hub:  http://www.londondrugs.com/certified-data-usb-3.0-4-port-hub---hy-hb-8517/L8469843.html

I've successfully installed and configured about 20 BBB and BBG devices using this USB hub for power.  But this is my first (and only) BBGW.

Stéphane

Rohit Ram

Jan 27, 2017, 9:09:52 PM1/27/17
to BeagleBoard, stephane...@gmail.com
Hi,
Is there a way to stop wifidog from controlling those usr-leds. I've been trying to control them through bonescript, but they keep reverting to the wifidog scanning pattern.

Regards,
Rohit

woody...@yahoo.com

Jan 28, 2017, 2:55:25 AM1/28/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, 1/28/17, Rohit Ram <rohit...@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [beagleboard] flashing lights and failed installation on BBGW
To: "BeagleBoard" <beagl...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: stephane...@gmail.com
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 3:40 AM

Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group.

from it, send an email to beagleboard...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/7c4419fd-fd50-4f9b-bdf4-ef2a6a40b272%40googlegroups.com.

La sfarsitul veacului al XIX-lea si inceputul celui urmator cele patru sectoare ale oricarei vieti nomice moderne aveau urmatoarea ordine circulatie industrie comert agricultura Era ordinea jului de tehnicitate Cu alte cuvinte in agricultura omul ramanea prevalent si tehnica era atunci a in comert traditia juca un rol mai mare decat tehnica in industrie cele doua elemente se mau in circulatie insa era maximum de tehnica si minimum de traditie Nu intamplator deci spre ulatie se indreptau manie investitii totul si dm credinta ca tehnica era temelia progresului si aceul relelor universale Romania intrata in modernitate urma regulile acesteia '