Angstrom Distribution Repo is down??

Congyin Shi

Mar 9, 2015, 4:59:22 PM3/9/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I cannot access http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/.

It returns 502 Bad Gateway.

Do you have the same problem?

domenick...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2015, 9:21:11 AM3/10/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I do!  This was working about a week ago or so for me.

christop...@nicta.com.au

Mar 10, 2015, 9:21:11 AM3/10/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I'm having this issue also...

warr...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2015, 9:21:51 AM3/10/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Same here....put us in a hurt locker trying to get units out the door today....

gr...@cdip.ucsd.edu

Mar 10, 2015, 5:24:41 PM3/10/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sounds like a temporary problem.

domenick...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2015, 5:24:53 PM3/10/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
So it looks like angstrom isn't getting much love on the beaglebone, and debian is the recommendation, based on the website and #beaglebone.  I'm moving to that.

Christopher Ward

Mar 11, 2015, 9:11:29 AM3/11/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I wish moving to debian was a viable option. Already got a few hundred production nodes running Angstrom, and they're only accessible via a 60ft crane.

I just found on gumstix site and angstrom package library so I'm just wgetting the entire repo as the current impact this has on me is the inability to prepare new nodes.

Since it's a 502 on feeds.angstrom I assume that eventually someone will fix it and if/when they do I will set up my own mirror.

Until then https://downloads.gumstix.com/feeds/angstrom/ipk/glibc/armv7a/

--Chris

Grant Cameron

Mar 11, 2015, 11:15:37 AM3/11/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Chris,
I’m in the same boat - but maybe not so deeply up the creek.
Thanks for the feed.
-g

Grant Cameron, Ph.D.
Coastal Data Information Program (CDIP)
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Isaacs Hall Room 100
8855 Biological Grade
La Jolla, CA. 92093
Office (858) 822-5676
Cell (858) 735-4303
http://cdip.ucsd.edu

Congyin Shi

Mar 11, 2015, 9:17:50 PM3/11/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, christop...@nicta.com.au
Hi, Chris,

This one is tooooo old.

Did you find any other repo? Thanks.

Bill Traynor

Mar 11, 2015, 9:31:34 PM3/11/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Patience, feeds.angstrom-distribution.org is being fixed.
> "BeagleBoard" group.

Grant Cameron

Mar 17, 2015, 3:00:26 PM3/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Bill,
Thank you!
-g

Grant Cameron, Ph.D.
Coastal Data Information Program (CDIP)
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Isaacs Hall Room 100
8855 Biological Grade
La Jolla, CA. 92093
Office (858) 822-5676
Cell (858) 735-4303
http://cdip.ucsd.edu

Bill Traynor

Mar 17, 2015, 3:38:12 PM3/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Yep, they're back up. Thanks to Tom King for the fix.

Christopher Ward

Mar 18, 2015, 9:36:48 AM3/18/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys!