Install kernel permanently - Issue

yol...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2016, 3:51:39 AM2/15/16
to BeagleBoard

Hi all,

I have built and installed a new kernel (4.1.16-bone18) for BeagleBone Black.

After the installation, with 'uname -a', the output is right "... 4.1.16-bone18 ...", but as soon as a reboot is done, the previous kernel is reloaded. In this case, BBB returns to original kernel, "... 3.8.13-bone79 ...".

How is this possible? Is there any way to make this change permanent?

KR!

yol...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2016, 6:37:28 AM2/15/16
to BeagleBoard
PD. To understand what I have done, I share here a link to the manual I have used to build & install the kernel.

KR!

Drew Fustini

Feb 15, 2016, 12:23:33 PM2/15/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Did you install to the eMMC or microSD?

Check /boot/uEnv.txt to see what kernel that uboot is instructed to boot.

Robert Nelson has good documentation documentation here:
https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-Setuname_rin/boot/uEnv.txt