Are Windows Driver Signings Going to be Updated?

44 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Jared McIntyre

lukematon,
4.1.2017 klo 19.44.194.1.2017
vastaanottaja BeagleBoard
The Window's drivers haven't been install-able without turning off sign checking for several months. I have a number of machines that I can't do that on due to IT policy. Is there going to be an updated installer with updated signings?

woody stanford

lukematon,
29.1.2017 klo 19.48.5829.1.2017
vastaanottaja BeagleBoard

Jared McIntyre

lukematon,
29.1.2017 klo 20.23.2629.1.2017
vastaanottaja BeagleBoard
Unfortunately, the workaround isn't a workaround for everyone. IT departments can block these settings, and in fact they can be locked at the UEFI level requiring changes to UEFI settings that require a password. So, in the case I described, only signed drives will work (or convincing an IT department to change their policy). No amount of fiddling with bcdedit will work.

Robert Nelson

lukematon,
29.1.2017 klo 20.33.1429.1.2017
vastaanottaja Beagle Board, ja...@dfsoftware.com
On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Jared McIntyre <ja...@dfsoftware.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the workaround isn't a workaround for everyone. IT departments can block these settings, and in fact they can be locked at the UEFI level requiring changes to UEFI settings that require a password. So, in the case I described, only signed drives will work (or convincing an IT department to change their policy). No amount of fiddling with bcdedit will work.

Updated 4 days ago:

https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-getting-started/tree/master/Drivers/Windows

(and if you run: sudo apt update ; sudo apt upgrade on your beagle,
the flash drive *.img already has those updates)

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

woody stanford

lukematon,
30.1.2017 klo 14.53.0030.1.2017
vastaanottaja BeagleBoard
I would take your IT manager or sys admin out to lunch to Appleby's or Olive Garden and get to know him/her. This is a human issue not a technical one IMO.

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 5:44:19 PM UTC-7, Jared McIntyre wrote:
Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä
0 uutta viestiä