console configuration (ttyO0 or ttyS0)

Madhu K

Dec 21, 2016, 7:04:24 AM12/21/16
to BeagleBoard
Hi All,

I have built kernel and device tree images using beaglebone_defconfig.

After tftp of uImage and dtb, u-boot is getting stuck with "Starting Kernel" message( There are no other messages on console). I am doubting on my serial configuration, because somebody is using ttyO0 and ttyS0 in bootargs.

I am really confused what to use.

I am copying my serial drivers below( this i have taken from .config file ). please help me to choose correct tty.

#
# Serial drivers
#
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_DEPRECATED_OPTIONS=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_DMA=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_NR_UARTS=4
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_RUNTIME_UARTS=4
# CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_EXTENDED is n

Thanks and regards,
Madhu

Micka

Dec 21, 2016, 8:43:48 AM12/21/16
to BeagleBoard
If I'm not wrong, ttyO0 is for omap driver and ttys0 is for 8250 driver. That what I understood.