unable to boot beaglebone black from sdcard

Madhu K

Feb 4, 2017, 2:58:58 AM2/4/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi All,

I am trying to boot the beaglebone black from sd card, but boot process stops with below error.

I have taken u-boot and rootfs from the below link

wget http://s3.armhf.com/dist/bone/bone-uboot.tar.xzuE

wget http://s3.armhf.com/dist/bone/ubuntu-trusty-14.04-rootfs-3.14.4.1-bone-armhf.com.tar.xz

I have attached the uEnv.txt file,pleas everify.

U-Boot SPL 2013.04-dirty (Jul 10 2013 - 14:02:53)
musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0xde (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, HB-ISO Rx, HB-ISO Tx, SoftConn)
musb-hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 2.0
musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 4
musb-hdrc: 28/31 max ep, 16384/16384 memory
USB Peripheral mode controller at 47401000 using PIO, IRQ 0
musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0xde (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, HB-ISO Rx, HB-ISO Tx, SoftConn)
musb-hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 2.0
musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 4
musb-hdrc: 28/31 max ep, 16384/16384 memory
USB Host mode controller at 47401800 using PIO, IRQ 0
OMAP SD/MMC: 0
mmc_send_cmd : timeout: No status update
reading u-boot.img
reading u-boot.img

U-Boot 2013.04-dirty (Jul 10 2013 - 14:02:53)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
WARNING: Caches not enabled
NAND:  No NAND device found!!!
0 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
*** Warning - readenv() failed, using default environment

musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0xde (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, HB-ISO Rx, HB-ISO Tx, SoftConn)
musb-hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 2.0
musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 4
musb-hdrc: 28/31 max ep, 16384/16384 memory
USB Peripheral mode controller at 47401000 using PIO, IRQ 0
musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0xde (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, HB-ISO Rx, HB-ISO Tx, SoftConn)
musb-hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 2.0
musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 4
musb-hdrc: 28/31 max ep, 16384/16384 memory
USB Host mode controller at 47401800 using PIO, IRQ 0
Net:   <ethaddr> not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
cpsw, usb_ether
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
gpio: pin 53 (gpio 53) value is 1
mmc0 is current device
micro SD card found
mmc0 is current device
gpio: pin 54 (gpio 54) value is 1
SD/MMC found on device 0
reading uEnv.txt
557 bytes read in 4 ms (135.7 KiB/s)
Loaded environment from uEnv.txt
Importing environment from mmc ...
Running uenvcmd ...
syntax error
mmc_send_cmd : timeout: No status update
24808 bytes read in 35 ms (691.4 KiB/s)
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!
gpio: pin 55 (gpio 55) value is 1
** File not found /boot/uImage **
U-Boot#

what could be the possible mistakes for this error, please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards,
Madhu

uEnv.txt

abhilash h

Feb 4, 2017, 3:00:28 AM2/4/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
No uimage in /boot /. Check the sd card once

Madhu K

Feb 4, 2017, 4:07:43 AM2/4/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
But zImage is present in /boot. it should boot with zImage right?

abhilash h

Feb 4, 2017, 5:19:38 AM2/4/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
It depends on uEnv.txt . Please check once .
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 at 2:37 PM, Madhu K <madhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
But zImage is present in /boot. it should boot with zImage right?

Madhu K

Feb 4, 2017, 5:25:30 AM2/4/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
if you have any uEnv.txt can you please share with me., this for my reference.

Thanks

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 3:49 PM, abhilash h <abhit...@gmail.com> wrote:
It depends on uEnv.txt . Please check once .
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 at 2:37 PM, Madhu K <madhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
But zImage is present in /boot. it should boot with zImage right?

abhilash h

abhilash h

Feb 4, 2017, 5:48:19 AM2/4/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Change zimage to uimage and bootz to bootm in your uEnv.txt and try.

Madhu K

Feb 5, 2017, 1:48:03 AM2/5/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abhilash,

I fixed uEnv.txt and I am able to boot beaglebone black from SD card.

Thanks

abhilash h