Creating U-Boot.bin

Tihomir Angelov

Aug 15, 2011, 12:04:05 PM8/15/11
to Beagle Board
Hi all,
I follow this to make Boot.bin :
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard_Ubuntu_%26_DSP_From_Sources#U-Boot

I do this

/*
git clone git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git
cd u-boot
git checkout omap4-exp
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- distclean
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- omap3_beagle_config
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi-
*/

and first every thing looks OK (starts to build) but after 30-40sek .
I receive:

(other messages)******************** /home/tisho/BB_Tests/u-boot/arch/
arm/lib/eabi_compat.o -L /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1 -lgcc -
Map u-boot.map -o u-boot
make: *** [u-boot] Error 139

I am new and I don't know what means this error. And what to do.

Thank you guys :))

Robert Nelson

Aug 15, 2011, 2:17:23 PM8/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

If your going to build your own u-boot.bin, why not use one of the
mainline u-boot official release tag's? (unless your building for an
xM C, then use Angstrom's..)

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Tihomir Angelov

Aug 15, 2011, 4:29:40 PM8/15/11
to Beagle Board

Board is XM rev.B.
My initial idea is to turn on the SPI of the board. I wont to use
Ubintu and I start to read.
I understad that I should to modify the u-boot.bin and the kernel, but
first decide to make working Ubuntu and then modify it :))
What you advise me.

Regards,