BBB MMC bare metal demo program

dd

Jan 1, 2018, 8:22:34 AM1/1/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi 2 all 'bone programmers.
The starterware MMC port is finally finished.
This is a great opportunity to learn MMC and FAT32 architecture.
As well as ARM assembly, IRQ, DMA, image building etc....
on a wickedly powerful IoT platform, the BBB!
It builds under GNU/GCC, all the makefile stuff is there.
It was a long time coming.  The TI code was very well written,
but also unnecessarily complicated.  Well, I removed all that.
So, now you can use/mod/hack it with relative confidence
for your IoT project.

hack on my brothers.............dd
BBB_MMC.zip

mike.ma...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2018, 3:47:41 AM1/3/18
to BeagleBoard
Is this somehow related to the free StarterWare project at Sourceforge? If no: any chance it will be integrated there?

dd

Jan 4, 2018, 5:42:59 AM1/4/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi Mike.  It is not related to the sourceforge starterware project, but they are free to rip it.
I had a look at them, i did not see anyone spearheading the project.
It would be great to have a collaboration of contributors, this is a huge undertaking.
we really need a real-time library that we can build on.

hack on brothers................dd

mike.ma...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2018, 8:20:36 AM1/4/18
to BeagleBoard
Have you tried to submit a patch? The project itself seems to be alive, last change was done only one month ago: https://sourceforge.net/p/starterwarefree/code/ci/master/tree/

And this seems to be the maintainer of the project: https://sourceforge.net/u/openapcjim/profile/

dd

Feb 6, 2018, 3:45:55 AM2/6/18
to BeagleBoard
IMHO, Starterware, needs more than patches.  It is a good educational tool, but the code really needs to be streamlined if it is to be used as a serious platform.