BBB Standby when press power button ?

Minh Phuong Dang

Nov 13, 2014, 10:59:53 PM11/13/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

      Ho to let BBB standby and wake up by pressing power button ?
      I want to make a hand held device using BBB with Li-ion battery
      and I want power button acts like smart phone device does.

      Now I'm using :

                 Android : TI-Android-JB-4.2.2-DevKit-4.1.1
                 Kernel   : linux-3.2.0

      Thank you very much.

      Phuong Dang

John Syn

Nov 14, 2014, 2:37:09 AM11/14/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

From: Minh Phuong Dang <phuongm...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM
To: "beagl...@googlegroups.com" <beagl...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [beagleboard] BBB Standby when press power button ?

Hello,

      Ho to let BBB standby and wake up by pressing power button ?
      I want to make a hand held device using BBB with Li-ion battery
      and I want power button acts like smart phone device does.
Won’t be possible until PMIC subsystem is fixed which I’m told is scheduled for V3.19.

Regards,
John

      Now I'm using :

                 Android : TI-Android-JB-4.2.2-DevKit-4.1.1
                 Kernel   : linux-3.2.0

      Thank you very much.

      Phuong Dang

Minh Phuong Dang

Nov 14, 2014, 2:46:21 AM11/14/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,
            Thanks for your reply.

            I consider to use additional hardware to carry out power on/off the board.

            Please let me know if you have any solution.

           Best Regards

Richard St-Pierre

Nov 14, 2014, 9:53:38 AM11/14/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Peter Gregory

Nov 14, 2014, 10:11:25 AM11/14/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You can power off the beaglebone by holding the power button for about 4 seconds
Clicking it after will power it back up.

Minh Phuong Dang

Nov 14, 2014, 11:35:26 PM11/14/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Many thanks for your comments.

Problem solved.

How lucky am I !

I've followed the bellow link, modified the kernel source and it can work properly.

Cheer !