Packages for VGA converter display

Raulp

Aug 16, 2016, 5:19:03 AM8/16/16
to BeagleBoard
Hello,
I am using micro HDMI(connected to micro HDMI of BBB) to Male HDMI cable on BBB which I have inserted to female HDMI to VGA converter which is connected to my VGA Monitor.But I cant see anything except the first few logs after that it goes black.
Do I need to install any packages to have the HDMI VGA'ed output on the monitor?
Thanks in advance !
Rgds,
Rp

Dennis Lee Bieber

Aug 16, 2016, 7:14:50 AM8/16/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 02:19:03 -0700 (PDT), Raulp
<raulpb...@gmail.com> declaimed the
following:

>Hello,
>I am using micro HDMI(connected to micro HDMI of BBB) to Male HDMI cable on
>BBB which I have inserted to female HDMI to VGA converter which is
>connected to my VGA Monitor.But I cant see anything except the first few
>logs after that it goes black.

As I recall, that's what mine do since I flashed the November Wheezy on
them. Since it doesn't like my 16:10 aspect monitor I usually just SSH into
it from my Win7 box... My 16:9 TVs, which it will work on, are too far from
the router for my to have network connectivity when on the TV.

Have you tried moving a mouse to see if you have a pointer somewhere?

On mine, the screen has no logo, no task/icon bar. Just a <right-click>
menu with options for a console/terminal window and for a web browser.
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlf...@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Raulp

Aug 16, 2016, 8:28:15 AM8/16/16
to BeagleBoard, wlf...@ix.netcom.com
I can see the output if I connect a micro HDMI cable(but not till the login screen).
SSH'ing is the last resort .It works anyway !I just wanted to use for what I have paid - a VGA converter :(  and a micro HDMI connector which connects to this.

Gerald Coley

Aug 16, 2016, 9:29:39 AM8/16/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, Dennis Lee Bieber
The VGA signals are not supported on the HDMI signal if you are using just the connector adapter..

Gerald

Raulp

Aug 22, 2016, 1:14:34 AM8/22/16
to BeagleBoard, wlf...@ix.netcom.com

Sorry ! I am using exactly the same .Please see the attachments.

SSH'ing the terminal is fine but for that I must know the IP address of the BBB(my port being dynamic IP port) , I need to at-least see the login screen on the external display.
Can some one tell if there is any package needs to be installed on the bbb or any configuration?
connectors-side-view-front.JPG
connectors-top-view.JPG
Male-to_female-connector.JPG
connectors-side-view.JPG