Re: No Cloud9 IDE on 2 GB and This May Have Something to Do With the Lack of Bonescript/Seth

Message has been deleted

Mala Dies

Aug 13, 2017, 6:04:46 PM8/13/17
to BeagleBoard
Otay and Hello,

Seth here. I figured out what happened. I found the 1GB Stretch, Console .img file and downloaded it. I then applied it to my board, i.e. the BBB 2GB. Oops! Anyway...is there a 2GB .img file for the BBB with the weekly snapshots of Stretch?

Seth

P.S. I thought since I had the console .img file, I could use it but only without the GUI, e.g. only the command line interface.

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 4:44:20 PM UTC-5, Mala Dies wrote:
Hello,

Most of you know already that I have been testing out old software with newer kernels and new, updated .img files. I noticed that when I look for the Cloud9 IDE on the 2GB version of the BBB, I come up empty.

Here:

uname -a gives me Linux beaglebone 4.9.37-ti-r47 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 13 22:48:49 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Should I update to the latest version of Stretch, i.e. 08-06-2017?

Seth

P.S. I guess I just need some updates. Who knows?

Mala Dies

Aug 13, 2017, 6:07:25 PM8/13/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello Again,

What does a console image actually entail, e.g. no GUI, no Cloud9 IDE, and/or no bonescript?

Seth

Mala Dies

Aug 13, 2017, 10:29:53 PM8/13/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello Once More,

Seth here. How would I download a .img file of Stretch that is below 2GB in size without a GUI and still have access to bonescript, nodejs, and javacript?

Seth

Robert Nelson

Aug 13, 2017, 10:34:14 PM8/13/17
to Beagle Board
On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Mala Dies <fun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Once More,
>
> Seth here. How would I download a .img file of Stretch that is below 2GB in
> size without a GUI and still have access to bonescript, nodejs, and
> javacript?

Simple... Just run it as is from the microSD card.. Just because you
have a 2 GB eMMC doesn't mean you can't use a bigger image..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Mala Dies

Aug 14, 2017, 9:27:56 PM8/14/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello Sir,

I got a fresh image and I found the info. on partitioning the SD card at: http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Expanding_File_System_Partition_On_A_microSD. I have a lot of space now. Thank you again, sir.

Seth

P.S. I get mixed up, I guess, when I perform so many tasks. BBB!