Cannot apt-get install packages - led_aging.sh missing LSB tags and overrides

Simon

Jun 20, 2014, 1:19:15 PM6/20/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have 3 stock Rev.C element14 BeagleBone Black boards and cannot apt-get install packages on any of them due to errors caused by an init script called 'led-aging.sh'.
Here's what I get:

insserv: warning: script 'S18led_aging' missing LSB tags and overrides

insserv: warning: script 'led_aging.sh' missing LSB tags and overrides

insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and mountnfs if started

insserv:  loop involving service mountnfs at depth 7

insserv:  loop involving service networking at depth 6

insserv: There is a loop between service led_aging and mountall if started

insserv:  loop involving service mountall at depth 5

insserv:  loop involving service checkroot-bootclean at depth 4

insserv:  loop involving service urandom at depth 7

insserv:  loop involving service checkfs at depth 5

insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and mountdevsubfs if started

insserv:  loop involving service mountdevsubfs at depth 2

insserv:  loop involving service udev at depth 1

insserv: There is a loop at service rmnologin if started

insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and mountnfs-bootclean if started

insserv:  loop involving service mountnfs-bootclean at depth 2

insserv:  loop involving service mountall-bootclean at depth 1

insserv:  loop involving service kbd at depth 11

insserv: Starting led_aging.sh depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

[...]

insserv: Max recursions depth 99 reached

insserv:  loop involving service capemgr.sh at depth 1

insserv: Starting led_aging.sh depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

[...]

insserv: There is a loop at service led_aging if started

insserv: Starting led_aging.sh depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

insserv:  loop involving service hwclock at depth 4

insserv: Starting led_aging.sh depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

[...]

insserv: There is a loop between service led_aging and mountall-bootclean if started

insserv: Starting led_aging.sh depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

insserv: Starting led_aging.sh depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!

update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header

Removing the script altogether using update-rc.d causes the problem to go away, but I'd rather not solve it this way...
What does the script do? Is this an element14 BBB-specific issue?
I couldn't find any information about the script except for one forum post in Chinese regarding LED driver development.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Robert Nelson

Jun 20, 2014, 1:29:23 PM6/20/14
to Beagle Board
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Simon <s.korze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 3 stock Rev.C element14 BeagleBone Black boards and cannot apt-get
> install packages on any of them due to errors caused by an init script
> called 'led-aging.sh'.
> Here's what I get:

I'd like to know too..

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&arch=armhf&mode=exactfilename&searchon=contents&keywords=led_aging.sh

Where did they get that from and why?

Best to "reflash" with the correct factory image:

http://beagleboard.org/latest-images

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Simon

Jun 20, 2014, 6:34:09 PM6/20/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll do that with all 3 boards, I guess. I wonder why element14/Embest would tinker with the original firmware...
Since the Debian image is for 2GB eMMCs, does the filesystem need to be resized after flashing it to a 4GB eMMC, or does the flasher script take care of that?

Dirk Koopman

Jul 11, 2014, 9:56:17 AM7/11/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Replace the existing /etc/init.d/led_aging.sh script with:

#!/bin/sh -e
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          led_aging.sh
# Required-Start:    $local_fs
# Required-Stop:     $local_fs
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Start LED aging
### END INIT INFO

x=$(/bin/ps -ef | /bin/grep "[l]ed_acc")
if [ ! -n "$x" -a -x /usr/bin/led_acc ]; then
    /usr/bin/led_acc &
fi

nicolas....@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2014, 4:04:20 AM9/18/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Great, it worked, thanks !

newporth...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2014, 9:27:17 PM10/23/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to make changes to the led_aging.sh on my BBBlack due to administrative privileges. How do I work around this?

Robert Nelson

Oct 24, 2014, 9:27:40 AM10/24/14
to Beagle Board
On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM, <newporth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unable to make changes to the led_aging.sh on my BBBlack due to
> administrative privileges. How do I work around this?

Then reflash with an official image:

Bi...@graspd.com

May 8, 2015, 3:45:09 PM5/8/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks much, that worked!

/etc/dogtag: BeagleBoard.org BeagleBone Debian Image 2014-04-23, 7.4 wheezy

sho...@embeddediron.com

Jun 25, 2015, 1:38:51 PM6/25/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Guys, this solution did not work for me. I updated the /etc/init.d/led_agng.sh script but it looks like I do not have the /usr/bin/led_acc program at all. Just wondering if I should remove the script using update-rc.d as Simon suggests or get a hold of /usr/bin/led_acc somewhere.

Best regards,
Steve

curti...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2015, 7:46:29 AM11/10/15
to BeagleBoard, sho...@embeddediron.com
I have a build that doesn't contain led_acc either.  Did you ever fine out what to install to provide led_acc?

pe...@illmayer.com

Aug 11, 2017, 8:12:16 AM8/11/17
to BeagleBoard
Thankyou, worked for me :-)