gcc: command not found. Error while compiling c - program

milkyway

May 28, 2014, 9:14:26 AM5/28/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I installed ubuntu 13.10 for my BeagleBoard Rev-C3 and I am not able to connect the board to internet

But when I tried to compile on c-program

ubuntu@arm:~$ gcc test.c
-bash: gcc: command not found

which gcc gives no result.
ubuntu@arm:~$ which gcc
ubuntu@arm
:~$

A search for gcc gives

ubuntu@arm:~$ sudo find / -name '*gcc*'
[sudo] password for ubuntu:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgcc1:armhf.symbols
/var/lib/dpkg/info/gcc-4.8-base:armhf.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgcc1:armhf.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/gcc-4.8-base:armhf.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgcc1:armhf.shlibs
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgcc1:armhf.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgcc1:armhf.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgcc1:armhf.list
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1
/home/dell/sources/vim74/runtime/compiler/gcc.vim
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/libgcc1
/usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8-base
/usr/share/doc/libgcc1
/usr/lib/gcc

and the folder /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf contain two folders(4.8 and 4.8.1(, but both are empty.
ubuntu@arm:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf$ ls
4.8  4.8.1

Can anybody help on this issue?

Robert Nelson

May 28, 2014, 9:24:19 AM5/28/14
to Beagle Board
voodoo@hades:~$ which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

It's not installed:

"sudo apt-get install gcc"

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

milkyway

May 28, 2014, 9:57:08 AM5/28/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I don't know whether it's relevant to ask, any way.. I haven't connected the board to internet yet. So can I use internet over usb0? or is it possible to install it after downloading the source separately?

Thanks

Robert Nelson

May 28, 2014, 10:01:53 AM5/28/14
to Beagle Board
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 8:57 AM, milkyway <muhamme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know whether it's relevant to ask, any way.. I haven't connected the
> board to internet yet. So can I use internet over usb0? or is it possible to
> install it after downloading the source separately?

Sure... if you properly setup usb0 on the beagle and the host networked "pc"

It has a few dependices, best just to get networking working first,
then use apt-get to install it.