Beaglebone black does not stop at autoboot

Mrigendra Chaubey

Jun 26, 2016, 12:26:14 AM6/26/16
to BeagleBoard
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions before I start asking any specific questions.

1) Does BBB is made keeping in mind windows users?
2) I wanted to boot from my sd card, after compiling u-boot, kernel, and android . Is there any step by step instructions that tells how to do it? I am using ubuntu 14.04.
3)What is the use of tftp? How can I flash my uImage from pc to BBB? Does BBB identify my pc via ip of my pc? can I get a uenv.txt file where I can know which place I have to put my pc's ip so that BBB can fetch uImage.
4) While booting, it doesn't stop at autoboot if I presses a key. I have 115200 baud rate, no flow control, 8 bits. I used gtkterm, minicom but none took my key presses. What can be the problem?

Y M Patil

Jul 23, 2016, 3:47:50 AM7/23/16
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

If you press "enter" as soon as u power on the board it will stop at uboot prompt.
Once it reaches there, you can issue tftp commands to load the binaries.
Bellow commands worked for me, I am loading kernel/dts via tftp & mounting file system via nfs mount.

setenv ipaddr <board ip>
setenv serverip <set host ip>
tftpboot 0x88000000 <dtb file>
tftpboot 0x82000000 <uimage>
setenv bootargs console=ttyO0,115200n8 root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=<serverip>:/path/to/root_file_sys ip=<ipaddr>:::::eth0
bootm 0x82000000 - 0x88000000

Regards,